Are you looking for an opportunity to work on the latest technologies and play an instrumental role in supporting the continued development of innovative research projects? Here at Thatcham Research we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join our digital team on a permanent basis. This diverse position will enable you to work on a large variety of tools and technologies and have a real input and say in regards to helping move the business forward.
Analysing, developing and maintaining a formal description of data & data structures
Providing support to the Enterprise Architect and Information Systems & Security Manager
Playing a key role in maintaining dataset, components and tools
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of analysing and producing requirements for software solutions, systems or products
• Demonstrable experience of analysis and design methodologies
• An understanding of relational database design, implementation and administration
• Significant knowledge of Structured Query Language and Relational Databases
• Experience of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) techniques and tools
• Experience in supporting User Acceptance Testing activities
We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience.
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community